Monday, September 3, 2007

What I eat

You can view my SparkPeople.com Public Food & Exercise Log HERE.

I learned how to eat right about 6 years ago even though I haven’t always followed what I know is true. My typical diet is pretty balanced most of the time & i’ve followed Tom Venuto’s BFFM principles for a couple of years now.

But for now (July 16 2007 - November 5, 2007), I’m going back to basics because I still find myself struggling with basic nutritional habits. My current diet is based on the principles outlined in the Precision Nutrition (PN) program, developed by Dr. John Berardi. I find it to be a sound approach to nutrition that is pretty similar to what i’ve been doing already. According to Dr. Berardi & his Precision Nutrition program, there are various habits that anyone who wants to change their body composition (lose weight/fat, get lean, be healthy) should master FIRST before individualization (ex.counting macro nutrient ratios, # of calories.. meaning the little details). Once you have these down and ingrained in you, then and only then is someone ready to move on to individualizing a plan.

Below, I will brefiley describe how my diet looks like and some of the habits i’m trying to master.

My Staple WHOLE foods:
Omega-3 Whole Eggs
Egg Whites
1% & 2% Cottage Cheese
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Canned White Chunked Tuna
Canned Chicken 97% Chicken Breast
93% & 97% Lean Ground Turkey Breast
96% Extra Lean Ground Beef
Part Skim Low Fat Mozzerella Cheese
Park Skim Low Fat Quesadilla (Pepper Jack ) Cheese
Baby Spinach
Mixed Spring Greens
Balsamic Vinagrette dressing
100% Natural Peanut ButterGreen Tea

CLICK HERE to view the supplements I use.

Mastering these habits are my goals …
Eat every 2-3 hours - Non-negotiable
Eat complete , lean protein with each feeding opportunity
Eat vegetables with each feeding opportunity
If fat loss is your goal, eat veggies and fruits with any meal; “other carbs” only after exercise
Eat healthy fats daily
Don’t drink beverages with more than 0 calories
Eat whole foods instead of supplements whenever possible
Plan ahead and prepare feedings in advance
Eat as wide a variety of good foods as possible
Plan to break the rules 10% of the time

==================

This is an “other” list of foods/products that I have adopted into my daily diet. I have also provided a link(s) were you can find more nutritional information about them. Some of them are out of the question while doing the PN body transformation challenge (unless they are 10% meals), but are still healthy substitutes.

Calorieking.com is another great website to find nutritional information about the foods that you are eating.

Organic High Fiber cereal
Turkey products
Kashi GOLean Crunchy Bars
light soy milk
Turkey Products II
Pop Secret 94% fat free popcorn
Eggs
Lean Cuisine
Dannon Lite & Fit Yogurts
GO Lean High Fiber/Protein cereal
Frozen Chicken Breasts
Almonds
Go Lean Crunch cereal
Mission Multigrain tortillas
Dried Cranberries (Craisins)
Go Lean Blueberry waffles
Whole grain English Muffins
Dried Goji Berries
Breakfast
Alaskan Salmon
60 & 65% Dark Chocolate
Breakfast
Edemame (Soy beans)
Sweet Freedom® Krunch Lites
Breakfast
Organic Green Beans
Sugar Free Posicles

No comments: